GSX-R 750 86 Restoration from junk

Hi 

I have just bought my first Suzuki in 35 years (My last one was a Katana 1100 at eighteen)

The bike has been kept at a storage close to the sea in the harbour at Gran Canaria for 12 years and is very rusty..

The good thing is that I have time, space and enough skills to take care of this little bike, but one thing's for sure its wont be done in a couple of weekends 

75b84708-55a2-4458-b11f-fd7b5bbf9afd.JPG

b8809677-d6c5-495f-a1b7-6bba4ac3c20b.JPG

9E019666-6DFB-482C-BB05-AF7F33CFCB92.JPG

IMG_2468.jpg

Edited by ElVikingoTropical
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

If that's your own shed/warehouse, then that's the fucking understatement of the year! xD

Good luck with the build.

Not my warehouse but close to my office, I saw the bike there and I needed + one year to convince the previous owner to sell it to me...

This bike have came with some surprises, one of them was that it had a squatter, 

Now officially i have a say what now!? rat look........ 

rata3.jpg

7E29BA45-ECE1-43A3-845A-470BB759FBAF.JPG

Rata2.jpg

• Like 3

welcome aboard :tu...... Start by soaking every nut and bolt with penetrant..... axles and pivot bolt...... repeat process every day for a month xD and maybe you will get away without snapping any fastenersand possibly get the pivot bolt out of the swinger . good luck with the resurection :pimp: