db killer recommendations

jb

I've got a yoshi cyclone end can now fitted on the 750 slingshot engine in my moto martin and wondered if anyone has successfully fitted a db killer to a similar system (50mm outlet). 

I need to get down to 105db for the classic track day at Cadwell Park... 

DSC_0664.JPG

xD

Will give one a try cheers :tu

It's a static test prior to getting out on track at a higher rpm for 750's than an 1100... I struggled to get through with the slabby a couple of years ago, no sticker no track time, team oss came to the rescue though 

I run a cobra on my slabby 7/11, for mot's and for the noise test last year at cadwell I bent a tig rod round a metal scouring pad bought from londis and wedged it down the end can.... noise test past and remove with long nose pliers.... job done! 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Racer-X said:

I run a cobra on my slabby 7/11, for mot's and for the noise test last year at cadwell I bent a tig rod round a metal scouring pad bought from londis and wedged it down the end can.... noise test past and remove with long nose pliers.... job done! 

Be wary of doing that sort of thing at Cadwell nowadays - they have a drive by meters around the track, and can black flag you if you are too noisy. Donington is the worst by far. At least the chaps at Cadwell seem to be reasonable about allowing close to 105 dB if you are borderline. 

• 3 weeks later...

Probably running rich on the needle and mains now with the bung in the silencer. My bike didn't like the db killer when I fitted it, ran rich everywhere, worse with revs. Could go down a couple of sizes on the mains and drop the needles a notch and see if it at least runs cleanly . . . then swap back after the t.day ?

• Like 1