Harris F1 GSXR Tis a beauty

8 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

It's a full tilt Endurance racer, who gives a fuck about style.

The Fairing is a Yosh Slingy Superbike unit isn't it?

90-91 AMA super bike fairing on a bike that's in a pre 86 class with a late 70s P&M seat unit. 

Aesthetically it looks a mess. 

• Like 4

My guess is the bike get used in some races that require lights and others that don't, and the same fairing is used for both. Other endurance teams seem to get by quite OK without using those hideous externally mounted lights (lights mounted within an easily replaced fairing seems to have worked ok for most endurance bikes over the last 35+ years). Oh, the red brake carriers, front rim tape, and orange anodising on the calipers are naff too, but the rest is great.

From a personal point of view, if I'm on the brakes for a corner and thinking " Poo ! Poo !! POO !! This is a little late"  I'm not exact bothered if the calipers are pink with glitter sparkles. I've have plenty of time for that when I'm sitting in the kitty litter. xD

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

It's a full tilt Endurance racer, who gives a fuck about style.

The Fairing is a Yosh Slingy Superbike unit isn't it?

Ragged Edge Racing list it on their site as Yoshimura F1, I assume made for the harris F1 frame

1 hour ago, GS1000 78 said:

Ragged Edge Racing list it on their site as Yoshimura F1, I assume made for the harris F1 frame

No. Spike at Ragged edge to a mould off some airtech fairings made for the 91 AMA Yoshi Suzuki race bikes.

Edited by dupersunc

I'm not playing with them, but used to.

Yes is a hash up, but needs must I think. This is definitely iteration 1, but looking at their race schedule, iteration 'pretty' could be quite a long way away. They are also running TZ's and travelling a lot this year.

Frame landed late Feb, I think the rear shock came a little later and the team has had to switch to 17" rims, so lots of bits of engineering involved. They almost certainly will be working on a second bike. There will also be a focus on 'some' engines about now, so man hours will be limited.

The lighting solution will probably work OK until they get to faster circuits, I'm lead to believe that they're having to sacrifice a little atm,  was  getting complicated as oil plumbing has proved more restrictive than initially thought. Knowing the sort of impossible schedules and man hours available, I'm guessing that they had to get stuff painted and sponsors logos on there.

They'll be alright, GSX1100 into P&M went really well a few years ago, but the opposition got the chassis jump on the team about then. It looks like the regs now allow running Blandit motors with all the toys, so I'm guessing that they need to be working more in power and durability than aerodynamics just now.

16 hours ago, dupersunc said:

90-91 AMA super bike fairing on a bike that's in a pre 86 class with a late 70s P&M seat unit. 

Aesthetically it looks a mess. 

Well, yeah, it'd be much cooler if it was consistent...  1st gen Yosh Tornado fairings would be a great look on it.

• Like 2