Did Phase One GSRX 750 SRAD have endurance tank ?

Yes.

Top pressing was RC30, that is the prettiest surviving tank. The others that I know of have large  extensions in the Breather area as the team suffered a lot from fuel surge on full tanks.

Before you ask, no I don't think any will be available. One has this livery, the other one is in the Repsol livery that was a one off for Suzuka.

That photo was mine btw, I took it before I rebuilt the bike with a running full spec engine, I lost all photos to Photobucket and cannot retrieve them now.

I did find this photo recently, of the other engine that I built from the last of the spares.

P1010246.JPG

• Like 1
On 6/2/2019 at 6:52 PM, markfoggy said:

Yes.

Top pressing was RC30, that is the prettiest surviving tank. The others that I know of have large  extensions in the Breather area as the team suffered a lot from fuel surge on full tanks.

Before you ask, no I don't think any will be available. One has this livery, the other one is in the Repsol livery that was a one off for Suzuka.

That photo was mine btw, I took it before I rebuilt the bike with a running full spec engine, I lost all photos to Photobucket and cannot retrieve them now.

I did find this photo recently, of the other engine that I built from the last of the spares.

P1010246.JPG

Thanks for info. I`m assuming that RC 30 pressing would have made it about 25 ltrs ? was the Rc 30 part of tank just welded to top of SRAD one or was it all formed as one?

I have to say that is the best engine stand I have ever seen

3 hours ago, GS1000 78 said:

I have to say that is the best engine stand I have ever seen

@markfoggythat stand was made by Gia Engineering was it not? Remember seeing a photo a good while back. A work of art.

^AFAIK, pressing was RC30 because, someone had one and it featured a rebate that was ideal for twin fillers and took a a massive about of work out of the Aluminium fabrication work and was easier to get consistent volume.

Lower half to fit over airbox and infill panels would make completion a lot easier, I believe at Spondon.

Yes Gavin at GIA made the stand. 2000 was a World Championship year and last year before the K1's came along. Worth celebrating 'cause the team had been running SRad since they came out. Engine development was interesting, final spec used a collection of ER0 and home derived specs utilising standard components and parts sourced in the UK to get a 24 hour engine that could be reliable, yet fast enough. Always on Carbs.

That 'Sprint' motor was also essential. Points were needed at much shorter races, like Suzuka, where qualifying well up the grid was  massive and  at least one 100 mile race.