Gsxr SRAD Long range / endurance fuel tank

Looking to add extra range to my 600 srad 1998.

Has anyone had experience of just extending the standard tank ?

Pics of endurance tank?

Chopping top off and adding in a strip metal to make it a 25l tank ?

Buying a alloy endurance one is bloody expensive unless someone on here has a old one hanging around their garage ;-)

5 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

Build an extension to the main tank that runs under the seat like a modern bike?

This was done on a SV650:

arai002.jpg

1000660h.jpg

1000748l.jpg

It's made out of 3mm plate and supports the seat unit in this case....

Thats a pretty neat solution as long as have tig welder. Which i`m looking into geting a DC welder for now, can`t afford Ac Dc to weld ali aswell at moment . My sort of idea was to get another srad tank cut it half way down and weld that over top of my one once chopped top off mine. Also have to weld off the over flow etc that sit under filler cap. It`s something I`ve been interested in doing for a long while, giving the 600 bit more range. Just have to make sure welds are good and no  holes etc

59 minutes ago, Leblowski said:

Neat solution but what’s the solution for the tankmount and seatmount ? The tiltmechanisem is at that place

Agreed on an 'outside the box' type mod - very functional and maybe 3mm plate is a bit overkill but it's unlikely to break.

@Leblowski I think the benefit of 50% more fuel capacity precludes having a swinging tank that is not required for 99% of the time LOL!