Bandit 1200 Soggy /bouncy suspension

I have an Ohlins shock and gsxr 1100 95-98 forks (only 5mm shorter than bandit ones) in TL1000 yokes on my b12. Totally transformed the bike. Didn't have to uprate the fork springs either as gsxr11w's are around 30kg heavier than a bandit. 

Love the Ohlins as it also has the spring tensioner so can adjust for carrying a pillion.

As you sometimes have a passenger and I actually have a B12 I understand your predicament. Buying a sports bike would give you better handling and more performance but, A. How much of it can you really use on the road ? B. They tend to have a postage stamp for a rear seat. My B12 has a WP rear shock, a fork swap ( but you can make the stock forks better), lighter wheels and a full Akra. With a bit of prudent spending and swapping you can make a "real world" bike that is good for riding to work, loading up with kit for weekends away and can hussle surprisingly well. It's also rather fun still being in their mirrors when the sports bike squid are giving it all the theatricals and preparing to make a hole in a hedge.

• 1 year later...
On 5/27/2019 at 8:30 PM, bluedog59 said:

As you sometimes have a passenger and I actually have a B12 I understand your predicament. Buying a sports bike would give you better handling and more performance but, A. How much of it can you really use on the road ? B. They tend to have a postage stamp for a rear seat. My B12 has a WP rear shock, a fork swap ( but you can make the stock forks better), lighter wheels and a full Akra. With a bit of prudent spending and swapping you can make a "real world" bike that is good for riding to work, loading up with kit for weekends away and can hussle surprisingly well. It's also rather fun still being in their mirrors when the sports bike squid are giving it all the theatricals and preparing to make a hole in a hedge.

Hi Bluedog, I just reread your post and although I read your post llast year I neglected to thankyou for your onput. You did hit the nail on the head. I had previously owned an EFE that i bought in 1993 and rode heaps for the next 20 years. Great bike with very  adequete standard suspension for the bike. So I am aware of how versitile the Bandit can be.. I have  plenty of info now tto make the  Bandit more useable  all round.  Thanks