VERY HARD CLUTCH HANDLE...GSX750EF '86

8 hours ago, SATANSAM said:

Hi there!

Not much more to say, just that the clutch cable is new, correctly fitted.....I'm nearly sure it needs the clutch push rod changing...Any suggestions?

Thanx frienzzz!

SUZIA RACING FLAGS.jpg

Nice bike that! I replace push rods with stainless rod cut to length.bit of grease on both ends.I've had cheap cables be tight in past esp when there curved around head stock.have you checked the actuator cam in cover for binding at all the balls can dislodge when the cam gets worn.cheers.

Hi and thanx Daveyboy!

Nice to know all this. I've tried adjusting the actuator on the in the cam cover, loosening the nut ant unscrewing the screw that backens the actuator, but seems there's no more play or "space". If I press the brake handle without screwing the cam cover the it's smoother of course but the cam is pushed back out my the actuator...A bit difficult to explane but anyway haha

Thanx again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi friends,

The clutch was still hard, but could ride the bike...Saying this, going don the mountain road, the clutch cable came out the actuator or clutch release, however it's called, and had a terrible accident. 15 stitches and bad back. I'll never go through this again. Just to let everyone know whats happened and what can happen if the push rod isn't changed.

Cheers friends,

Sam.

moto bancal.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi there amigos,

I changed the push rod, it was very simple, I can show photos and do a simple tutorial if anyone needs to know how to do it in this same bike.

The clutch is perfect now, gears change so smoothly. Anyway, gettin there with the restoration....But still very naked as you can see!

Cheers friends.

suzi fuera.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi again amigos,

Man, as I explaned before, I changed the push rod and the clutch release assembly. The clutch was smooth and workinf really well, but I noticed it keeps loosening! not from the lever and not from the cranckcase...everything well adjusted at lever, cranck and release screw and nut....Seems to be loosening somwhere inside?!?!?! Cheers. 

suzi garage.jpg