gsx1100ef inlet rubbers

Dunno but Sheep on here had the same problem. I think the answer is OEM and use the OEM clips, not jubilee clips. With jubilee clips it is easy to overtighten them and help with the cracking. My efe engined bike still has the original rubbers and clips, no cracks but they need warming now to get the carbs back on:)

A case of grin and bare the cost, dont know how long you expect them to last but if youre replacing the original ones they will be at least 30 years old now, so at the price of £96-00 thats £3-20 a year! doesnt hurt so much when you look at it that way does it?

Buying a new set of rubbers (snigger) is a godsend when it comes to fitting and removing carbs..no more scuffed knuckles and bad language.This is the main reason I bought a set.

However I found the rubber to last just a year before it started to crack and split.As Dezza mentioned,it does not help when using basic jubilee clips but even if I had sourced a set of original type clips I still think the rubber would have degraded sooner than the price tag would lead you to believe....

Maybe I had a duff set....but I now have some old ones on mine from Egay which work fine although they are hard as fook  lol....