GSX750E bandit 1200 rear end

hi guys not been on here for a few years,used to be under another name and built a couple of turbo sprint bikes,if i remember the site shut down??,anyway i have just purchased a gsx750E mono shock 1983 and i wish to put a bandit1200 rear end in and a busa front end,the front isnt the problem,the back end ive searched through posts but can seem to find much in depth info??,the question is how do you get the arm to clear the foot rest mounts? also what shock & linkage is used? as ive removed all gsx stuff but no top shock mount is left? any info or links would be greatly appreciated,thanks davey.

Welcome back (y)

Seen some project builds last year (in the project section) with someone trying to put a sard rear end in, I think without some major work it's not a easy job your looking at.

As you know someone will be along with more info for you.

We still like pics on here ;)

When I can get back on to it, I’m doing something similar with my es. Regarding the foot rest mountings cut them off and make up new mounts. Then with the top shocker mount you have get creative with some tube to brace the frame and create a mounting for the shocker.780E0280-127E-4107-98B3-93808582A678.thumb.jpeg.16cef575fa588760234d9b90d4078931.jpeg

• Like 2
On 5/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, Rustynail said:

When I can get back on to it, I’m doing something similar with my es. Regarding the foot rest mountings cut them off and make up new mounts. Then with the top shocker mount you have get creative with some tube to brace the frame and create a mounting for the shocker.780E0280-127E-4107-98B3-93808582A678.thumb.jpeg.16cef575fa588760234d9b90d4078931.jpeg

Thanks for reply.im Gona go with a bandit 600 wheel in standard arm as I wanna get bike finished asap.the buss front end went straight in.just gotta weld on a lockstop when I get some might gas.

1 hour ago, inazumarob said:

Only problem with the Busa front end is the length. They are only 725mm long. A lot of people use GSXR 1100 water cooled forks or ZX9R B4 forks, both at 775mm long. Not easy to get hold of though.

There are extenders available for the busa / bking / gsxr forks. Did that to my daily. 

In my project I have zx9r 1994 forks with Hyperpro springs. 

Both needed a different stem and lock stops.

• Like 1