Fitting RS38s - which carb rubbers?

Dezza

I now have some RS38s:) (od 42mm on the inlets) and there is no way in a bazillion years that without surgery they will go onto the largest carb rubbers I have (stock Blandit 12, id 40mm). Which rubbers do I need to get these buggers on? I was thinking of GSXR 750L,M which have 38mm carbs as stock but any suggestions appreciated:) The destruction manual supplied with the carbs says use a bit of WD40 on the stock rubbers, like that is going to help (the slabside 1100 rubbers I have, have an id of 39mmO.o)

Edited by Dezza

I have fcr39's with 46mm o.d. spigots. They are a perfect fit with 1127 M/N 40's manifolds. 

At least you can rule out those manifolds as being to big for your 42mm o.d. inlets.

750M 38's manifold would be the logical choice if 36's are too tight and 40's are too loose.

12 hours ago, Lachie04 said:

I have RS38s on my dot head with standard dot head rubbers they were a bit old and hard so hot air gun and some red rubber grease they now slip on and off with reasonable esse

I have a spare loose head and can borrow some DOT head rubbers so I will try this soon.