Just bought an 1186 kit for my bike

Oilyspanner

A few of you on here might've seen the Wiseco piston kit and ready bored barrels on a certain bidding web site (I always look for anything interesting) I've just pressed the BUY button - I just couldn't resist it for £400.

Many of you have already fitted kits to your bikes, so it'll be good to join the club.

I just hope that my bike hasn't got a kit fitted already, it didn't show anything in it's partial history, but it does feel very' fit' for what I've done . .

Will be nice to own a GSXR 1186 N - I'm keeping the bike, so it'll be another interesting evolution of the old girl. I haven't got the extra money to have the head flowed at the moment, but maybe in a year or so - an old work colleague has done a bit of work on some Oilers (including a classic TT bike), I'll have to drop in some time !

Was it worth dialling in your cams ? - being a shim head, I'll be keeping the cams standard to be safe, but wondered what others felt about accurately checking the cams.

You can! Plus there's another over-bore when it goes 'pete tong'

Ha ! there is that G1460!!

I've seen some really nice 1186 motors on the dyno  J1B, seems quite a nice size for light/moderate tuning - seems a safe size to bore the 1127 barrels too and there is that over size if all goes Pete Tong  !

Trouble is now that I've seen a company in Melksham that has a Serdi machine to work wonders for increased seat flow  and a bit of valve reprofiling - maybe not, the Wife thinks I just bought a few 'trinkets' for the bike  as it is. . .  she'll get wise when the engine's out and the head/barrels are off !

Hell it's easy to spend money on your bike - good fun though !

• Like 1