Need help

Wilson

While removing the oil drain bolt I had a momentary brain fart and managed to strip the threads in the oil pan. I know, I know lefty loosey and righty tighty.

What are my options besides buying another oil pan?  Can the drain be re-tapped to accommodate a larger drain bolt?

Some people have successfully repaired the sumphole with a " timesert " or "helicoil" 

Basically it is a threaded coil you put in the enlarged and retreaded hole tovget it back to the original size. 

I would remove the sump and get it done by a shop... Saves you buying a complete helicoil kit and swarf in the sump from this procedure. 

Other may have another option that works.

Edited by Blubber
15 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Is this for your racing slabby?? if it is get a new sump (pan) as the last thing you want is oil leaking onto your back tyre during a raceo.O

ask me how I know........................................:(:D

almost exactly one year ago..........................

QpNMRkp.jpg

J6py2Hy.jpg

Ouch that's quite a break, hope its repaired now. @Wilson get one from the bay of many things they are going for about £25 on there and they're easy enough to replace.