EFE swingarm problem.

Hi Guys and Gals, I bought a JMC swingarm to put on the EFE, the bearings were in poor condition, so I bought new using the number on the old bearings.  I have just tried to fit the swingarm to the bike, (new bearings fitted) and the front shaft does not go through the new bearings. The i.d. numbers are identical, and the old bearings slide on to the shaft with no issues. The bearings are imperial to fit the JMC arm, and internal diameter is 14.288mm. I am guessing that the shaft is 15mm, but am at a loss to explain why old bearings fit. I was thinking that the bearing centre has been machined to 15mm, to match shaft. Would it be possible to find a metric cone bearing to fit the imperial outer cup. I would think that as long as the bearing angle was the same, the outer and thickness size does not have to be exact to the last thousandths of an inch, as long as they are very near. The bearing will centralise when fitted, plus it is a slow moving item in use.

Many Thanks    Rob