Ape heavy duty studs

49 minutes ago, Goo'Roo said:

Hello, I was thinking if they're necessary on a 1216cc busa pistons, stock everything else, low pressure td04-16 application.

I'm building a turbo tourer based on a gsx1100f, aiming at max 200 wheel bhp.

Isn't that an oxymoron ? LOL!  Turbo assistance on a tourer is a bit pointless unless towing a caravan as well?

I'm a big fan of HD studs - I used them on NA high comp which probably has higher cyl. pressure than low boost turbo? But people do use stock waisted studs with turbos and they work ok - just not my flavour / preference.

1 hour ago, Askamaskinservice said:

Very nice, how the f**k did you get the TB:s inside the frame, i tried and the TPI wouldn't fit.

Plenum is an orgy in aluwelding.(y)

Crossbar above cylinderhead is omitted i guess.

//Hasse.

For tpi I guess you're talking about the tps. It doesn't fit. I'm going to shorten the butterfly shaft and fit a modern small one, or, If I won't be able to do it, I'll reverse the shaft and modify the throttle bodies to put it on the other side.

The crossbar is going to be done in another way, or at least  the frame will be braced.

IMG_20171128_211319.jpg

• Like 3

I like the APE studs. Block was apart from the 1216 boring out, seems worth the spend for piece if mind to me. 

I dont think you can honestly know if its money well spent, only way to find out is not spend it and have a problem. If they do there job you wont know. 

I would want the piece of mind if you are covering miles on it personally.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Goo'Roo said:

For tpi I guess you're talking about the tps. It doesn't fit. I'm going to shorten the butterfly shaft and fit a modern small one, or, If I won't be able to do it, I'll reverse the shaft and modify the throttle bodies to put it on the other side.

The crossbar is going to be done in another way, or at least  the frame will be braced.

IMG_20171128_211319.jpg

Nice work!

21 hours ago, Mark said:

I like the APE studs. Block was apart from the 1216 boring out, seems worth the spend for piece if mind to me. 

I dont think you can honestly know if its money well spent, only way to find out is not spend it and have a problem. If they do there job you wont know. 

I would want the piece of mind if you are covering miles on it personally.

Nicely put mate many an argument over ape studs 

• 2 weeks later...