711 wiring crisis

Help I’ve just bought a 750 slingshot with a 1052 in it and someone in they’re infinite wisdom has cut the plugs off for the cdi unit and thrown them in the bin then put a shit tone of odd coloured wires in with blue crimp connectors on for good measure.

i need to know what wire goes where from the cdi unit. I’m hoping someone has been here and can tell me the sequence or know someone who can.

I’ve got some pictures of the cdi unit here.

thanks in advance Steve

455A42A3-A100-4F37-988F-C1E68C1F30D2.jpeg

54B47FE8-B091-470A-98C6-B89227103A59.jpeg

Edited by Paintersteve

B/W from cdi to sidestand/turn signal relay/starter relay/left indy/stop & tail light.

o/w from cdi to coils/RH handlebar switch

W from cdi to coil

B/Y from cdi to coil/tacho 

Black/Blue, Yellow from cdi to signal generator

Black/Red from cdi to tacho

Note 7 wires on 750 1988-91

Edited by Blue
2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

hi and welcome to OSS.

which ignition  pick-up is on the engine (behind right side crankcase cover)? 1052 has double pick-up, the Slingshot has a single one. You need the one matching the cdi unit, which I think is a Slingshot 750 one.

I’ll have a check tomorrow I know there’s 2 wires come back from the pickup to the cdi I just don’t know where they’re meant to plug on to it 

28 minutes ago, Blue said:

B/W from cdi to sidestand/turn signal relay/starter relay/left indy/stop & tail light.

o/w from cdi to coils/RH handlebar switch

W from cdi to coil

B/Y from cdi to coil/tacho 

Black/Blue, Yellow from cdi to signal generator

Black/Red from cdi to tacho

Note 7 wires on 750 1988-91

Thanks the problem I have is that not only has the plugs been thrown in the bin but they’ve also cut out a lot of the original wiring and replaced them with all red or all black wires so nothing makes sense, what I’m after is something like top left terminal on the cdi goes to coil etc ? 

11 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

hi and welcome to OSS.

which ignition  pick-up is on the engine (behind right side crankcase cover)? 1052 has double pick-up, the Slingshot has a single one. You need the one matching the cdi unit, which I think is a Slingshot 750 one.

I might have an 1127 pick up would that work?