Bst38 carb confusion

So iv gone about putting in my factory pro kit in my bst38 from the 750

Carbs measure 38mm

Jets all as per Haynes manual 

Needle is a 6DZ14 it should be a 6ZD7-3 according to the Haynes 

The needles in the kit are much shorter and thinner 

Has anyone any ideas? Maybe someone has been butchering before me? 

44 minutes ago, wraith said:

Oil cooled or maybe water cooled carbs both fit

WC 750 carbs do not fit an oilcooled engine, at least without inlet rubber modification, as the spacing is different. WC 750 carbs have different float bowls to the oilcooled 750 38mm carbs, which have large access plugs to enable the main jets to be changed without removing the float bowls like RS carbs. The WC 38mm carbs do not have the large access plugs.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the top one is stock 38 and lower is the Factory Pro kit needle?

IMG_20190508_215312.jpg

Query - does the Short needle fit the slide and does it stay in the emulsion tube at full lift? If it does then it may be how Factory Pro engineered the fuel flow ie. onto the Main much earlier? Ifit comes out of the tube completely @ full lift i'd not be inclined to use it as it could jam open at WOT - not good! It could actually be a 36mm needle?

20 hours ago, Dezza said:

WC 750 carbs do not fit an oilcooled engine, at least without inlet rubber modification, as the spacing is different. WC 750 carbs have different float bowls to the oilcooled 750 38mm carbs, which have large access plugs to enable the main jets to be changed without removing the float bowls like RS carbs. The WC 38mm carbs do not have the large access plugs.

I've got wc 750 38mm carbs on my gsx1100f motor with oil cooled 750 38mm  carb rubbers snug but fit with no problems ;)

• Like 1