gs ideas

I am building a retro 80's streetfighter out of a gs1000s.  I have the astralites, JMC etc.  I am looking for suggestions for front ends and calipers.  I have a set of twin pot brembos from a moto guzzi. so I might use there.  I am looking for a chunkier RWU fropnt end.  Also rearsets.  I have a set of SB shocks .  Does anybody remember them?

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I remember SB shocks,  i seem to remember then having blue and yellow springs  with a black cover over the top and a garrish logo :)

that is the ones two springs,  My ones are white and red.  smaller spring sits on top of a larger one.

The question is how 80's do you want to keep it?

If you're sticking to what was about in the 80's I'd go for gsx1100efe forks or slabside forks.

If you don't mind going past the 80's (then not really a 80's streetfighter/special) the world is open xD

On 5/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, Kraptanaman said:

that is the ones two springs,  My ones are white and red.  smaller spring sits on top of a larger one.

The ones i remember from my youff were made by progressive suspension and called S & W Stroker shocks Big black plastic caps at top and coloured springs true 1980's shocks, as in my pictureyou can just see them on the Blue gsx1100

IMG_0030.JPG

Edited by kiwi
5 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

I think a GS1000 should have a USD, because it's quite a wide/big/solid looking bike..

At least, that was my idea when I started, solid looking bike, but the wheels, rear and front fork out of ratio.

all my other gs,s and gsx's have usd's .  trying to buck the trend.

• Like 1