B12 into 750 slingshot

I'm told that physically this is a straight bolt in job. What bits of the 750 are compatible with this motor ?

Exhaust system ?

CDI unit and coils ?

Oil cooler ?

Chain and sprockets ?

Anyone wanting to part with a good , complete B12 motor ?

Cheers  Gaz

Carbs ?

Edited by Gsx1100er

Not sure the B12 is much of an up grade. 

But to answer your questions.

Lower rear engine mount is a different size. drill frame to suit, or sleeve engine.

Fit 750 sump and pick up to 1200 engine the cooler will fit and so should the exhaust.

750 coils are fine. Cdi, I've always run the 750 cdi on 1100 motors no problem rev limit is higher but the 1200 motor struggles to rev that high anyway. fit the 750 igntion pick up to the 1200 lump.

Carbs, yes with the correct inlet rubbers, but will need jetting to suit.

Chain and sprockets fit, but the 750 sizes will leave it geared for 185mph and it will feel flat as a fart.

• Like 1

Cheers guys . The reason i asked is that my project ( suzi 2 ) was supposed to be finished last weekend. Bike started up and was smokey for a couple of minutes ( which i thought was ok as it had been standing for a while ). Smoke got worse to the point of oil running down the exhaust pipes !! I took a chance on the motor and always planned to put a B12 in if it wasn't right , hence my questions.

I decided to strip the head and barrels off the 750 and surprise , surprise !! Its got a virtually new Wiseco 771 big bore kit fitted. the bores are perfect but it appears whoever built it put the standard rings back in. you can hold a dance in the ring gaps !!!  Valve guides are all good.  Hopefully a set of correct rings and valve stem oil seals will cure the problem. No B12 now required.

Gaz

4 hours ago, Dezza said:

If set up correctly it probably won't feel that flat; a nice 7/12 will be at least several tons lighter than a blandit 1200 and just by binning the stock pipe it will gain a few hp.

I know what you mean about how heavy bandit systems are but swapping the bandit frame for a slingshot one is probaly where the biggest weight saver will be. 

• 3 months later...

Right Guys , things not gone to plan with 750 Wisco771 motor. It turns out the the original overbored block was inaccurate on 1 and 4 cylinders and took an age to find this out. Going to rebuild it with standard block and pistons for the time being.  The 771 piston kit ( virtually new ) will be sold.

Have decided to go with a 1200 bandit swap over the winter and just need a couple of extra bits of info from the collective:

Going to use the 38 Mikunis off the 750 motor.  Will the 750 carb rubbers be suitable on the Bandit head ?

Gearing :  Superdunc advised the 750 gearing will leave it feeling "flat "

Std Bandit gearing is 15 /45    :     750 gearing is 15/43.

Im not after great top speed , just good hard acceleration.  would going 14/43 be suitable ?  Whats anyone else running ?

Cheers guys

Gaz