Gsx1100 et on 3 pots

5 minutes ago, NorthernBloke said:

Was it previously running on all 4,  and when you say swapped carbs, you've used a completely different set?

Is the plug wet on the none running pot & have you swapped the plugs over as well.

It was running on all 4, then 3 now can’t get it to fire up on all 4 again. Swopped the carbs around not new ones, plug looks dry,

swopped plug leads around put 2 on 1  1 on 2 fired up but on the same 3.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Swopped the carbs around not new ones, plug looks dry,

swopped plug leads around put 2 on 1  1 on 2 fired up but on the same 3.

How did you swop carbs around? Alternate rack or break the rack up and swap bodies around?

Surprised it ran at all swopping 1 and 2 leads around as it would make ignition 180 degrees out ! ! ! 

You can swop 1 and 4 or 2 and 3 - no other combinations are correct.

11 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

How did you swop carbs around? Alternate rack or break the rack up and swap bodies around?

Surprised it ran at all swopping 1 and 2 leads around as it would make ignition 180 degrees out ! ! ! 

Sorry  that’s not what I meant. Yes I’ve swopped the carbs around. And swopped the bodies around.

tried everything I can think of, I’ll have to do a compression test next.

12 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

It's unlikely to be a mechanical fault if it was running on 4 beforehand. If you haven't touched anything between it running on 4 and now 3 we'll assume the compression and valve are good enough to fire. 

Have you checked the relevant floatbowl for fuel ? The float height ? The pilot jet and choke circuit ? The airscrew setting ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...