drilling oil way plugs

370steve

going to be fitting an oil pressure sensor and an oil temp sensor to my B12 motor, which are the best plugs to drill for the two different readings?

I have looked for an oil way diagram but cant seem to find anything that showes the lower engine and best take off for pressur or temp readings. 

13 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

When I had a pressure gauge fitted, I replaced  the pressure switch with a legris fitting,  and ran the small bore pipe through the hole for the wires so it was all hidden. 

I now have a yoshI temperature guage with a sump plog sensor, works fine:tu

Was thinking of one of the sump oil way plugs other than the sump drain plug, but not sure which one would be best for temp reading?

On 4/23/2019 at 9:40 PM, 370steve said:

might look to use that one for the pressure sensor, see about using one in the sump for the temp

I was using sump temp  ... but swopped to front left oil way as the Bandit sump on the GSXR1100M engine now allows spaces to fit a temp sender there. Previously the frame made it impossible to fit one without dropping the sump off before fitting. Anyhow the sump reads about 5 degrees lower (I assume because it sit's in the breeze!) Jutmake sure you double check the Yoshi site for the correct sizing as the sump plug  and oil gallery plugs  vary across bikes.  

• Like 1