Undercut gearbox

6 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

Thanks, I had a DR500 from 1981, worked up to about 55HP, I needed another gearbox about every year, one mis shift was usuallu enough to stuff it up.. That's why I'm a bit insecure about it..

If it makes you feel better, my 1460 GSXR is still using a std cut 'M' gearset!

My efe started jumping out of second under load with std gears not long after it got to 200hp.

The engine had been stripped, and 2nd gear checked, and welded prior to being tuned.

I would suggest you should consider getting them undercut. I think i would if doing it again.

9 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

My efe started jumping out of second under load with std gears not long after it got to 200hp.

The engine had been stripped, and 2nd gear checked, and welded prior to being tuned.

I would suggest you should consider getting them undercut. I think i would if doing it again.

Was yours jumping out of gear, or was the sprocket slipping over the shaft? I have my 2nd gear welded..

17 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Bodging of the 1st order! That'll be interesting come chain & sprocket replacement time!

Sprocket welded on the shaft of the gearbox, stock 2nd gear is just pressed on the shaft, but with a lot of power the sprocket slips