1100 and 750 katana ????

Hi, after recently purchasing a 750 Katana (non pop up headlight) I was wondering what parts are interchangeable between the the 1100 and 750 ? I've owned oil cooled gsxr' s for years but had zero dealings with katana's I'm hoping a 1127 k engine is going to fit. Any info would be a great help. Many thanks. 

Yes 1127 and b12 fit with no problems, there are diagram for the engine plates on here (think in Frankenstein pages) or you can buy them off Grumpy 1260 (Eblag) and there's many a project in the project pages that have done it.

gsxr slingshot running gear will also fit etc etc. (y)

engine aside, everything is the same, the wiring is slightly different regarding the oil pressure light but only because the switch on the 750 is in a different place so neds a longer wire. also 750sz kats have an 18 inch back wheel as opposed to thee 17 inch on the 1100 but frame running gear,, wiring etc ar all inteerchanhgable between the 750 and 1100. the 750 frame has a lower front engine mount in a slightly different place, but there are plans on here for the modified engine mount plate if you want to fit an 1100 motor into a 750.

• 2 weeks later...

Oil pump gears also fit the gs1000 for the same affect as the gsx1100.(y)

Also I've been told the gear box will fit the gs1000 closer ratio 1/2/3 and the same as the 1000 in 4/5 

Not done it myself just what I've been told. ;)

Edited by wraith
Tablet change words :-(