Bugger.................

when(if) its running i think ill go back to aldershot and give the previous owner a good slap..what a chimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o.O

I reckon a chimp would've looked after the bike better than that, especially if offered a decent selection of fruit to do a good job . . . . even allowing for the non-opposable thumbs, which would makes things a bit fiddly !  At least you'll know the engine will be decent at the end of this - or is the top-end scored ! O.o

12 minutes ago, Oilyspanner said:

when(if) its running i think ill go back to aldershot and give the previous owner a good slap..what a chimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o.O

I reckon a chimp would've looked after the bike better than that, especially if offered a decent selection of fruit to do a good job . . . . even allowing for the non-opposable thumbs, which would makes things a bit fiddly !  At least you'll know the engine will be decent at the end of this - or is the top-end scored ! O.o

Hopefully the motor will be ok, ive had a quick look and the cams seem fine!!!  Ill find out when I push the Tit.........

But the engines only the half of it, seized front callipers, suspension knuckle seized and bearings shot, swinging arm has a big gouge in it where the pipe was bent in and rubbing, its nearly through, got a new one, front cross member is so thin I reckon I can put my finger through it, chain and sprockets completely shagged, clutch fluid was black and scummy, all the engine bolts are seized and rounded off...and on and on and on :(

But it should be Ok when its all done..:tu

41 minutes ago, Oilyspanner said:

Chimps do have opposable thumbs and would probably make better mechanics than many 'in-the-trade' as would pandasO.o:)

• Like 2

Coming along nicely Mr FBOB.   Don't mind doing top-ends, but don't like doing gearboxes, don't do them often enough I suppose … bet I'll lose 2nd gear now .. :)

Didn't think long enough about chimp's hands -  I did watch them for ages at Monkey World (shouldn't that be  Ape World - although they do have monkeys  - they have Lemurs too, which aren't really monkeys - Primate World ?!), they've got very long hands and a very small thumb - dexterity did seem a problem, picking small things up … thumb is out of line with the other digits though and works across the palm - sorry Dezza !

p.s. looking forward to seeing Super Teapot doing Castle Coombe in the dry - I got confused watching your videos, as I haven't been to CC since they put the chicanes in - I wondered where the hell I was going a couple times !

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 7:07 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

strainer

FerzRKq.jpg

For future reference, you can convert these to a removable screen using a GS1000 screen - you need to carefully finish rolling the edge over with a hammer on the GS screen so it'll fit in the pickup housing.

• Like 1