Bugger.................

Loose bolt sits under the strainer for ages, the head rubs the mesh enough to cause fatigue, gets drawn into pump and jams the pump - causing mucho damage ?  As Dunc says, excess pressure required to make aluminium explode would've made almost everything else let go first - has to be solid, mechanical block/jam - I used to watch Columbo !

This is a good thread Mr Bandit ! - not so good for the pump mechanism mind ……..

• Like 1
15 hours ago, markfoggy said:

So if it was lying on its exhaust ports and someone undid all the M6 fasteners off the back of the lump, did one of the Inlet stub screws drop into the head oil feed?

Nope its a 25mm stainless m6 all the stub ones and oil pipe ones are 15mm...

its a cover  bolt that has somehow got in there??:S

anyway was cleaning all the good bits and found the 2 pump dowels,, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the left one is feked.....  Blimey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o.O

thvl8Z1.jpg

If someone had the rocker cover off to do the valve clearances and dropped a caphead bolt in the head I presume it's possible for it to have gone down an oilway or, more likely, the camchain tunnel? They might not have even noticed, just found one missing when putting it back together. Bloody shoddy workshop practice mind but we've all seen both amateurs and so called professionals who really shouldn't be working on bikes. 

As for the gear issue - the seller did say it had a gearbox problem :v

27 minutes ago, markfoggy said:

Fack, look what it's done to that brake piston.

That M6 bolt has got around a bit.

xD

thats the good caliper, the other one I cant get the pistonks out!!!!!!!

when(if) its running i think ill go back to aldershot and give the previous owner a good slap..what a chimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o.O