Bugger.................

1 hour ago, dupersunc said:

What's happened? oil pump shaft snapped?

Cant really see yet, but there are bits of oil pump casing in the sump and the whole thing is moving about....

Best case, its come loose and the pump casings got broke, worst case, the pumps been hit off of the crankcase and damaged that.!!!!!!

Ill hopefully get the motor out later, the whole bike was very cheap though.. I bought it as needing a replacement engine as the seller thought there was a gearbox issue.!!!!!!!!!O.o:o

I had this before, same thing, cheap motor, had no strainer in the pickup, also had a bolt in the sump, sucked into the pump, wedged in the impellor and shattered the oil pump housing, luckily oil light came straight on, all the bits were in the sump, got away with just fitting a new pump.

14 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

I had this before, same thing, cheap motor, had no strainer in the pickup, also had a bolt in the sump, sucked into the pump, wedged in the impellor and shattered the oil pump housing, luckily oil light came straight on, all the bits were in the sump, got away with just fitting a new pump.

Thats kind of what im hoping...  and as my middle name is Lucky...   Oh hang on, no its not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!O.o:D

• Like 2

well looks like i might be lucky after all, no damage to the crankcases except a bit of ware where the oil pump drive gear was hitting the case before it all jammed up..:D

so new oil pump flush all the bits out and slap it back together:tu

all the bits are accounted for except a stray m6 cap head in the sump?????  dont know what caused it but its never been apart|?????  how the hole got in the strain er screen I have no idea..:S

7W2s04e.jpg

0Dc0WYv.jpg

ZOwF1qP.jpg

lhd6Vd3.jpg

bnu2zYW.jpg

Iyke5Or.jpg

F8YnFtm.jpg

• Like 2

That random M6 screw is fine, pop it back in when you rebuild it.

You will of course have to switch to diesel, 

Don't forget to fit another 3 M6 bolts to balance the motor. 

Just drop them down the least fucked spark plug holes and they will find their way down to the bottom where they live.

Voila, perfect sounding Uber taxi motor. 

(y)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Buzuki said:

That blown oil-pump , maybe oil pressure regulator did not open from some reason and than generated excessive oil pressure caused pump to explode .

Surely impossible as the pressure size isn't a closed system - the regulator only bleeds off excess pressure doesn't hold it / back it up completely plus there would be other instant damage to bearings / cams etc with no oil flow?

36 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Surely impossible as the pressure size isn't a closed system - the regulator only bleeds off excess pressure doesn't hold it / back it up completely plus there would be other instant damage to bearings / cams etc with no oil flow?

Well , regulator can bleed only limited amount of oil (excess pressure )but not unlimited amount , so if the engine was in very cold condition , let`s say in winter time and engine start was with instant high rpm that can cause excessive oil pressure even with oil pressure regulator that is OK , that can cause aluminium oil pump body to explode ,  in winter time I have seen similar effect on few automobile engine where oil pump not exploded but oil filter was . 

9 hours ago, Buzuki said:

Well , regulator can bleed only limited amount of oil (excess pressure )but not unlimited amount , so if the engine was in very cold condition , let`s say in winter time and engine start was with instant high rpm that can cause excessive oil pressure even with oil pressure regulator that is OK , that can cause aluminium oil pump body to explode ,  in winter time I have seen similar effect on few automobile engine where oil pump not exploded but oil filter was . 

filter, cooler, or oil lines would fail well before the pump.