Cam cover bolts

Solcambs

So I have found a small weep from one of the cam cover bolts, and thought I'd swop them out. I noticed grumpy has some for sale on Eblag with an integral seal, which works out OK. Then noticed he has three listings. All with the same picture. Some at 59 for the G/H/J, some at 69 K/L/M and some at 79 K/L/M/N. 

So I can get that the G/H/J might be different, but why would you have two listing with the same K/L/M and for ten quid more a K/L/M/N listing? I have an N head and I'm wondering why I would need to spend £10 more?

Any ideas?

I’m happy to be corrected but I had this same issue a couple of years ago,the conclusion I came to was that the bolt was used on both GSXR 750 and 1100 from 85 onwards and other models into the water cooled era such as GSXR WP etc plus busa and GSXR 600  I used CNMSL parts fiches or alpha sports I remember it saying that the part was used on 20 odd models.

I reckon I’d buy the cheaper option as long as it quotes OEM part no 0910607009 :tu

18 hours ago, Solcambs said:

Ah ha ... problem solved ... https://www.suzukiperformancespares.co.uk/product-info.php?id=1046 I assume that these will do the job, and given that they are ally, won't foobar the thread like titanium etc. Anyone have negative experience of these before I order them.

Who says they are aluminium? Just says ltwt., so are potentially Ti - I'd rather Ti than two alloys slowly welding themselves together and then twisting the head off!

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Who says they are aluminium? Just says ltwt., so are potentially Ti - I'd rather Ti than two alloys slowly welding themselves together and then twisting the head off!

Good point well made!  My point was that these bolts for the head are notorious for being capable of stripping threads. They even sell an oversize version. So having a soft version rather thatn a brittle one might be better for longevity. Either way ... off to order them.

• Like 1

I've known poorly designed alloy ones fail, admittedly was for a Yamawho, but from one of the leading suppliers of aftermarket fasteners here in UK.

Issue was addressed quickly and the product was updated. Poor design and an inadequate radius on the step from threaded section to grommet journal.

They were Ally and loads of Ti turned up as FOC to make up for it being a very public and embarrassing failure (racing).

I would think twice before throwing some cheap Eblag versions in. 

Makes for quite a lively oil leak if the head pops off.

• Like 2