Ignitech on efe

dago

Hi I've treated myself to an Ignitech programmable ignition unit , I'm using the std pick ups and green Dyna coils can any one tell me what settings I need to start with as no luck with the gsx on the drop down list, also tried the classic 1 lobe 2 pick ups which sounds Iike it's trying to start but not catching cheers

Edited by dago

Hi it's 1229 with mild cams, some headwork and rs38s. Feels better than the Dyna s it's replacing. You can set how many revaluations it turns till spark, currently set to 0, I got it to eliminate kick back to as just bought a whole brand new starter clutch as good used ones are hard to find will let you know if it solves it 

This is the map it came with not started playing with it yet, been using it almost everyday for a week and not had a kickback yet so will keep it 0 revs till spark for now. If you're running Dyna s with the earlier atu unit  the base advance is 12' the STD efe is 10 

IMG_20190423_185343.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dago said:

This is the map it came with not started playing with it yet, been using it almost everyday for a week and not had a kickback yet so will keep it 0 revs till spark for now. If you're running Dyna s with the earlier atu unit  the base advance is 12' the STD efe is 10 

IMG_20190423_185343.jpg

Looks a very conservative curve - pretty much most engines have all the timing in by 4000 rpm tops. The extended curves possible with the Dyna 2000 never made any discernible difference on any engine i've seen.