Have always used genuine oil filters on my Suzukis

I've always used genuine oil filters on my Suzukis over the years, have used other makes on other bikes - but I read this old comparison on some filters. I might fit HiFlo at the next change, I've used them on other bikes with no problems at all, but this info confirms their quality. They've got TuV approval now on all their range, which is rigorous and it confirms they're at least as good as standard units - they're a hell of a lot cheaper too. I haven't found any more recent comparisons or tests, but they're fairly basic, but need to be well made, with good filtration and a good pressure release valve - probably like many I change the oil and filter more often than needed - every 1500 miles ish, I don't think there's any risk at all - unless someone knows different ?!

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/suzuki.shtml

I've used hiflo for a while now, sometimes when I've been lazy I've even left it on for 2 years..O.o and just dropped the oil instead on the slabby.When I took it off last year it didn't look any different to when I changed it yearly, and it was used on the road and track days.I wouldn't recommend my behaviourxD just saying i think they're ok.

I recommend them.

I've used the HiFloFiltro filters on a few of my GSX models. I had some troubles with leaking around the seal.  It wasn't anything critical, but it did worry me because I thought the cooler lines were leaking. On new installs, I have been removing the seal and cleaning the filter surface and the seal, then applying Ultra Black gasket maker and reinstalling the seal. I'm sure it's "a bit much", but I didn't have any leaking after that.

To be clear: I did not apply gasket material to the engine block side of the seal, just on the filter itself

On 4/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, Simbec1863 said:

I've used hiflo for a while now, sometimes when I've been lazy I've even left it on for 2 years..O.o and just dropped the oil instead on the slabby.When I took it off last year it didn't look any different to when I changed it yearly, and it was used on the road and track days.I wouldn't recommend my behaviourxD just saying i think they're ok.

My 1100W only gets a filter every 2 years, its a fairing and Akra headers off job to change it and frankly I can't be arsed to do it every year.

With the milage I do then every 2 years is fine.