Restore, renovate, or leave well alone? that is the question

Dixie

Hi All, 

The GS is now fit for the road, I just have one nagging issue, do I completely restore it, just tidy it up or leave it well alone, its generally not too bad apart from some nasty dinks in the tank.  Because it's so genuine I really want to keep it that way, just give it a good clean up and thats it, but the damage on the tank niggles me.  If I got it painted, I'd stick to the original colour and I know you can get the decals.

Obviously, I'm open to your suggestions. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b9.jpg

When they're like that, I'd always go for restoration. There are plenty of rough ones, bare frames, boxes of bits bikes about to take your more radical modifying inclinations out on.

Obviously that's just my opinion, and as this is the internet there will be plenty more to choose from shortly. xD

Keep as is, or have the tank done. Apart from that just enjoy riding it ;)

If you're getting board with nothing to do, keep a eye open for one that needs work (you can still find them for not much money) put a gs1000 motor or oil cooled motor in it and more up to date running gear, then you have the best of both worlds :D

• Like 1