where to get gears for my bandit

Hi,

just stripped my bandit which has done over 18k with 320 at the rear wheel (although I tend to run it at 250 most of the time on the road) I have a donor engine as I managed to bend the input shaft on mine and 3rd gear is pretty whiney.. unfortuanatly 3rd is worn out on my donor engine too!

have tried fowlers but gears are on back order and having no luck finding anywhere that has one (or two should I say)

any suggestions greatfuly recieved??

Bill

4 hours ago, banoffee said:

Robinsons Foundry?

14 minutes ago, Brokenbill said:

thanks for the link but 3rd gear  is crossed out on their site :(

just cross referenced it with new part number from Robinsons foundry and they have one for output .! :) unfortunatly can't seem to get a search for input one... :(

I'm comparing 1100M and gsf1200 gearboxes. They are similar, except for the double row bearing on the secondary shaft.

3rd and 4th gear on the 11m are slightly larger on the teeth (1-1,2mm) but share the same overall dimensions, so I consider them swappable at the moment.

I have the same problem on 3rd and 4th gears on 3 gsf engines I had and on a customer one.

I'll keep posting about that in the next days

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Goo'Roo said:

I'm comparing 1100M and gsf1200 gearboxes. They are similar, except for the double row bearing on the secondary shaft.

3rd and 4th gear on the 11m are slightly larger on the teeth (1-1,2mm) but share the same overall dimensions, so I consider them swappable at the moment.

I have the same problem on 3rd and 4th gears on 3 gsf engines I had and on a customer one.

I'll keep posting about that in the next days

I know of four friends that have had same issues with 3rd gear?? will be internested to find out?

Edited by Brokenbill