EFE powder coating

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

What's the black piece next to the footrest hangers? Not familiar. Unless it's a cut off piece of hanger? What's it's use?

As you said it looks like a piece cut off a footrest hanger, the back of the hanger below in the photo matches it perfectly. had me puzzled too.

I think that it is standard part Toni, I think that there is one on the other frame that I have. I will look properly next time down at garage I am renting. Not near where I live, may be tomorrow.  I bought a rolling chassis complete and part was on there already, it was a while ago since I took it apart, so need to look at other frame.

1. I spoke to the powder coaters about the gold on the wheels. He said it was a non standard custom colour that he made up for me to brighten it up.

He has some left if any one wants something in the same colour.

2. I want to get an EFE clutch cover powder coated, but I need to remove the oil level window and the clutch shaft in the cover as heat will ruin the rubber parts. Has any one got any tips about doing this please.

Many thanks Rob

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Due to time restraints, and trying to save some money for things with a higher priority, I have cleaned up the rear caliper and painted it myself. I decided that any money I saved could be better used elsewhere. Caliper bodies were soaked in Harpic Plus 10 to loosen paint, cleaned and then resoaked overnight to clean out corrosion. Painted then lacquered, I will have to see how well it stands up on use.

IMG_20190705_202620.jpg

IMG_20190705_202657.jpg