oily mess !!!

both me and the turbo !!!!

suspect its shafted but thought id see what the opinion on here is..

1100 slingy

chinky td04 13t, 

1mm jet in feed line

scavenge pump fitted same as everyone else seems to do, working and returning oil to top of motor near alternator, but iv nothing to compare it to so dunno if its weak or strong

ok at idle and low revs, had a little blast up the lane today and left a smokescreen behind, returned to base and r/h/s of bike and my self speckled in oil 

it boosts fine, theres no horrid noises, it just cant hold its oil  ?

oh, and its now got a slightly warped disc......overnight that happens apparently as it was ok yesterday xD

iv ordered a smaller jet to try but i'm not hopeful it'l be the cure,  also looked at the banjo bolt at the scavenge line/alternator end and drilled out the 4 little holes in that incase that was maybe a tad restrictive

have spoken to the guy who made kit and he thinks it could be a scavenge issue so i need to look more in that area, although as said as its ok at idle/low revs its hard to check too much, 

have pulled the drain at turbo and run motor for 30 seconds into a jar, then done same with the scavenge line and looks to be the same amount but cant repeat the test zipping up and down the lane lol !!

never had this problem when i turbo'd my blade and on that i didnt even use a restrictor jet in the feed or a scavenge pump (although the turbo was rather low) but did use a genuine turbo off a volvo (iirc) so maybe thats all it really can be

iv been looking at new cores on Eblag but cant even be sure they will fit a knock off Chinese turbo so reluctant to waste even more cash on it............. 

17 minutes ago, B12Mick said:

Are the engine breathers clear ?

yes bud, the r/cover vent is open and have another breather in oil filler hole,  both are clean with no trace of oil

the air filter/compressor side/ up pipe etc are also clean and dry,  dropped turbo off header to make sure it wasn't coming from the engine and thats all good -  its just the exhaust side 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, B12Mick said:

Any closer to sorting the problem out bud ?

turbo was fecked bud -  little update here......

it only took about a mile to kill the chinese turbo, wouldn't mind if it had seen some abuse but i hadn't left our lane lol !!!

but with a crappy old s/h turbo its been fine, boost's well, no oil - fixed 

put the bike into the van to take to mot station and as soon as we strapped it down it blew both fork seals - it just doesn't wanna be used lol !!!!

• Like 1
On 3/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, 69chris said:

in the remote chance it is just a weak scavenge pump issue has anyone tried one of these instead of the Facet type ??

MyhD3OR.jpg

Wouldn't use one of them for that purpose - Intermediate duty cycle means it would likely overheat or seize if used continuously!

23 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Wouldn't use one of them for that purpose - Intermediate duty cycle means it would likely overheat or seize if used continuously!

thankfully its been sound since i swapped the turbo,  i hadn't seen that tho so cheers for noticing  :tu

• Like 1