Pistons 73.4mm diameter for GSX11

I got hold of a set of madly cheap pistons on fleabay recently.. Meant to be for an efe, but i've had a search & looks like they could be GSXR1000?

They measure 73.4mm dia. they are named 'ART' with various other labelling i.e '6M1''  can anyone confirm/suggest what they're off please?.  They won't fit my 1074 but they might fit something in future!

image.jpeg

ART is a Japanese company and supply a lot of motorcycle manufactures. By the the look of the pistons they are forged like the ones for the hayabusa (81mm), so would measure the gudgeon pin etc and seeing if they match any production motorcycles.

Edited by jameskat
more info

OK I measured the pistons at the skirt as suggested, using an old fashioned vernier caliper ( they never used to be that difficult to read)!.  I got between 73.74 & 73.94 so i guess that makes them a little too worn maybe?. Shame cos they look reasonable.

Gudgeon pins measure 19.76/19.82mm across all 4.

Your gudgeon pin measurement makes me think your calipers might be out about 0.2mm's. Because according to the EFE service manual the service limit of the pins is 19.980mm.

This would also explain the low numbers on the piston diameters! It is however also a possibility that both parts are worn beyond the limits (but ~0.20mm wear is an awful lot on pins) , and your measurements are right. So first I'd suggest checking the precision of your instrument.