Donington Classic Festival 3/4th August

Paulm

We have been asked by the VJMC if we would like a stand at the above Festival,anyone up for it?,i’ll organise it for us, @YoshiJohnnyhas offered to help too. Could someone cleverer than me put a link up to the Event please. I have provisionally said yes and have the entry form so it’s up to you lot to volunteer yourselves and your bikes.

Cheers

Paulm

• Like 1

Bit more info,the bikes will be out in the open on the Melbourne Loop like they were a couple of years or so ago,so we may need a Gazebo or two if anyone can bring one please,also looks like we can camp on the loop like we did before.

• Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny

Nah man, the fucking toilets were a joke, 4 portaloos left all weekend with the number of people there was horrendous. The weather isn't guaranteed and it pissed it down on the Saturday last time with lots of bikes out in the open so the public stayed away. If the organisers want clubs to show up and display bikes to attract the paying punters they can put a fucking tent up like Darin and Rob do for the Trackday event we've also done in the past. My bike is a scrapper compared to some but I won't be there if they are just going to do what they did last time and treat us like shit. I know it's not the VJMC guys but whoever is running the event (MSV??)..  It costs us money to get there and certainly costs money to build the bloody bikes...they can spend a bit on a long tent or it won't attract anyone.. well me anyway..

2 hours ago, YoshiJohnny said:

Nah man, the fucking toilets were a joke, 4 portaloos left all weekend with the number of people there was horrendous. The weather isn't guaranteed and it pissed it down on the Saturday last time with lots of bikes out in the open so the public stayed away. If the organisers want clubs to show up and display bikes to attract the paying punters they can put a fucking tent up like Darin and Rob do for the Trackday event we've also done in the past. My bike is a scrapper compared to some but I won't be there if they are just going to do what they did last time and treat us like shit. I know it's not the VJMC guys but whoever is running the event (MSV??)..  It costs us money to get there and certainly costs money to build the bloody bikes...they can spend a bit on a long tent or it won't attract anyone.. well me anyway..

No worries YJ, if people want to go,i’ll still organise and go myself.

Guest YoshiJohnny
50 minutes ago, Paulm said:

No worries YJ, if people want to go,i’ll still organise and go myself.

I sent Andrew a message and it will be the same as last time so I doubt I will go.  It's obviously not the VJMC who deal with facilities but the organisers. There are 2 Cadwell meetings and other stuff I'd rather support/attend than the Donington thing after the last time.. If they want me to attend they can pay my time and fuel to get there for them to make money off us. Do they know who I am??? lol

3 minutes ago, YoshiJohnny said:

I sent Andrew a message and it will be the same as last time so I doubt I will go.  It's obviously not the VJMC who deal with facilities but the organisers. There are 2 Cadwell meetings and other stuff I'd rather support/attend than the Donington thing after the last time.. If they want me to attend they can pay my time and fuel to get there for them to make money off us. Do they know who I am??? lol

Sort something for one of the Cadwell ones then YJ, the Classic Suzuki one would be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...