Stock intake boots on plenum

Anyone using stock intake boots as adapters from throttle bodies to a plenum? 

s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.f4063461cf2d356f18fc206fa451a91a.jpg

This groove where they mount to a stock air box is pretty well perfect for the 1/8" material I would like to use to build my plenum.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.42b30910b5a03b7d9950f38941c862e8.jpg

Only concern is if they will seal against the sheet metal by only using this ridge, or if I will have problems with boost leaks. I will use some supports to keep the plenum from blowing off. Maybe there is away to glue them in for added security? 

Just wondering if anyone had done it this way. Seems like an easy, clean, and low profile solution. Other options are to use silicone coolers or machine some adapters with an internal o-ring to fit over the TBs. Only thing that worries me about the o-ring idea is that everything will need to be bang on, like within a few .001" or else there will be fitment issues. Not so easy with a welded part and no mill...

The stock boots are nicer than silicone joiners since I wouldn't lose the space needed to add a spigot to the plenum and won't need a million hose clamps in there cluttering things up. Anyway, just looking for some input. 

Thanks!

They would be a good solution IMO. The bellmouth will help with flow (for what it's worth in a boosted application) I'd try and get the hole on the plenum metal as tight as possible to the rubber groove depth and deffo glue / seal it with some silicone / RTV - get both surfaces ultra clean. It would be a prime suspect area for boost leaks without sealant.