Alloy Harris F1 - 1988...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fitting a race fairing to a bike in a non-standard frame, and make it look like it was all meant to go on that way, is much easier said than done. I ended up having to get a bespoke exhaust system made that went in much closer to the engine than a system made for a bike with a cradle frame and downtubes. No way was the fairing going on otherwise without it ending up with more cut-outs/bubbles than unmodified fibre. I think the main issue is that most race fairings are for bikes with 750 slingshot motors, which are shorter than the bigger 1100/1200s. Have you done the cut-outs for the headlights yet? Good luck (y)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Fitting a race fairing to a bike in a non-standard frame, and make it look like it was all meant to go on that way, is much easier said than done. I ended up having to get a bespoke exhaust system made that went in much closer to the engine than a system made for a bike with a cradle frame and downtubes. No way was the fairing going on otherwise without it ending up with more cut-outs/bubbles than unmodified fibre. I think the main issue is that most race fairings are for bikes with 750 slingshot motors, which are shorter than the bigger 1100/1200s. Have you done the cut-outs for the headlights yet? Good luck (y)

You totally get it!!! (y)

it has taken a long time to get that fairing to ‘fit’ …. In fact it’s probably the 3rd or 4th set of bodywork that I’ve been able to ‘borrow’ before getting anywhere close…. Lots of patience, and frustration too!!
Minor tweaks & sometimes inspiration - then suddenly you think ‘feck’ - I’ve got it!!!
The photo’s don’t do it justice… the fairing just ‘flows’ around the ‘bike… at least until the next problem anyway!! :D

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Dezza said:

I’m not going to put lights on it - planning to run it on a ‘daylight’ MOT… the cylinder-head cooler will preclude fitting headlights anyway as there’ll be no room!! :tu

• Like 1