Clutch cover oil leak hell...1100e

Hay all, here's the deal. My 1100e has had a oil leak at the bottom rear of the clutch cover for probably 18 gasket changes. Stock gaskets, vesrah gaskets, cometic gaskets. I've used yamabond and black rtv. Done exactly what the manual says about the 50mm of gasket sealer at the case halves. Done sealer all the way around both sides of gasket. Literally have tried everything.  Ride for 15 miles, bam, seeping front the bottom rear near brake pedal. Almost seams like it's coming through the cover bolts. 

Has a Barnett clutch kit and Barnett springs. Anyone dealt with this before????

37 minutes ago, Reelinfeele said:

Hay all, here's the deal. My 1100e has had a oil leak at the bottom rear of the clutch cover for probably 18 gasket changes. Stock gaskets, vesrah gaskets, cometic gaskets. I've used yamabond and black rtv. Done exactly what the manual says about the 50mm of gasket sealer at the case halves. Done sealer all the way around both sides of gasket. Literally have tried everything.  Ride for 15 miles, bam, seeping front the bottom rear near brake pedal. Almost seams like it's coming through the cover bolts. 

Has a Barnett clutch kit and Barnett springs. Anyone dealt with this before????

Sure its not the sight glass leaking

On my old GSX750EX the clutch cover bolt at 4 o'clock used to be the culprit for the persistent oil drip from the bottom half of the clutch cover. Unlike the other bolt holes going through the cover and into the cases, this one is "open" on the inside of the engine. Fitting a copper washer under the head of the bolt solved my problem, perhaps it will on your 1100 as well? (Btw, do not swap this bolt for for a longer one!).

• Like 1

Found it!!!!

Coming out of the bolt at 9 oclock. The one that goes into the upper part of the lower case. I cleaned it and just let it run until it got hot, then got a flow from the bolt. Added a sealing washer that are used on the valve cover.. that did not work. 

Took bolt out and put some yamabond on the first 5mm behind the head, screwe'd it back in. Will check it tomorrow.....

20190305_183231.jpg