What’s the minimum cca’s you could use on a 750 gsxr 90

Jpich85

I’ve been looking at changing to gel battery but need to cut down the size of possible but the only way is to get a battery with lower spec cca and ah, what’s the lowest you could go to really and still run the bike properly or do you really need to get the same?

my 92 750 battery is a lot smaller at 180 cca I can’t see why that wouldn’t work as it’s a similar bike but could you go any lower?

would a r1 battery work?

cheers

no mods other than extend a few wires as battery was bit further away/laid down,  relocated cdi/fuse box etc 

dont know anything about the battery im afraid other than it was the battery that came fitted to a standard R6 (Yuasa maybe ??) , iirc correctly it was the same battery that the R1 used so i figured it'd be up to the job, had the bike for a further few years as my daily and it never gave any problem,

the bike went onto a mate who did a 1216 conversion and it was still ok 

if i were buying a battery now id be tempted to go for a motobatt tbh, iv had them on a few bikes and even after being left standing with no chargers they have always held charge.....this one even looks smaller than usual ???

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-YZF-R1-Motobatt-Maintenance-Free-Upgrade-Battery-20-Extra-Power-2004-14/381722766829?epid=600815010&hash=item58e0732ded:g:igUAAOSwSlBYvFqY:rk:34:pf:0