a couple of rookie questions.......

69chris

just at the 'laying out of pumps/reg/fuel lines etc' stage and thought it 'd be wise to add a filter,

have bought one off that site but should the order be.........

tap - filter - pump - reg - (temp pressure gauge) - carbs

or

tap - pump - filter - etc etc ??

also, wheres the best place to tap into for boost gauge ? iv got one of those spikey bolt through silicon pipe fittings for the gauge and was thinking of going into the silicon elbow from up pipe to plenum... sound ok  ??

:)

What kind of filter you have? If it is very fine filter you should place it after the pump to avoid pump cavitation. If it is coarse then place it before the pump.

Up pipe is ok for the pressure gauge. But I would recommend to use good fitting for the hoses and forget those spikey things

• Like 1
1 minute ago, homer said:

What kind of filter you have? If it is very fine filter you should place it after the pump to avoid pump cavitation. If it is coarse then place it before the pump.

Up pipe is ok for the pressure gauge. But I would recommend to use good fitting for the hoses and forget those spikey things

tbh i just got one that popped up on that site, its a sytec motorsport universal thing with 10 - 20 micron  of filtery voodoo........dunno what that means tho