Ermm X7(s) In there somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem with an x7,

contacted the dvlc (very helpful NOT) they said their computerized records dont go back to the 70S.

To be fair to the VJMC i spoke to a guy there (very helpful) and he told me to roughly assemble the bike just for ID purposes, lights, bodywork etc. take photos including the vin number

they then verify that its an x7 and apply for an age related number on your behalf for a small fee, bingo!

i know its a pain in the arse but it worked for me and you have enough parts there by the looks of it. good luck.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Right, having 2nd thoughts about taking this any further. Time mostly has made me rethink if i can be bothered, so may well sell the lot.

This is what i have:

X7 sprinter virtually complete with GSX tank & a race seat. No V5

Spare frame uncut but no V5

Spare frame minus sidestand lug with V5

Nearly a dozen wheels, 2 freshly P/coated in gloss black & lacquered.

Spare engine, needs completing/rebuilding.

Several Carbs, one pair completely refurbed & new parts fitted, plus lots of bodies & spares.

Several containers with many Engine/G-box/Lekky/etc parts available.

RD250 complete front & rear ends.

Gen X7 tank in primer plus the GSX tank & a heavily filled X7 tank too.

X7 swingarm needs a clean.

Engine stand, new for X7.

Probably more stuff not mentioned, but that's the gist of it. I will run this in the "For Sale" section if you knowledgeable folk reckon all of it is worth £2.5K?

Pretty sure if i sold it as individual lots i could probably get more, but one big joblot makes more sense ;)  A few pics of what i have.

20190220_094037.jpg.448fe4ca1db590abf0db4d9a551ac0a1.jpg

CompX7.jpg

Seat.jpg

X7R.jpg

I know that feeling when you have your sensible head on and come to the conclusion there is so much to do and not enough time....

Should get that kind of money for all of that no probs, I'd be tempted if I had some spare cash and/or space!

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1