GSX1100 ET Jetting For S&B's

nickyboy.4

So having been warned off fitting chinese pods to my newly aquired project i got myself a set of hardly used s&b's, in a perfect world i'd stick with the standard airbox but brittle rubbers etc means it makes sense for me to go with pods and while i'm getting other bits sorted i may as well sort the jetting out now. Where do i start with the jetting, i believe the motor is a 1135cc, i'm fitting a Jama 4 into 1 so a starting point would be a great help, will a Ledar kit off Eblag help and what does one of those kits actually include?

Your probably looking around the 130-135# mikuni main jet size. Get the main jet correct and then fine tune backwards to iron out any niggles and ensure a smooth cruise etc. Will take a bit of faffing to get it close. Finish up with a decent dyno operator to get her bang on. Do check though, before you start with the carbs that you have good strong spark. Ignition timing and everything functioning correctly as this will effect your tuning. I have found good results with just main jet and needle tweakage without using kits in the past just takes a bit of time.