Wanted opinions on my battery location idea? Safe/unsafe?

Jpich85

I’ve been trying to find a location for my battery on this build, with space being really tight due to the look in trying to get I thought about making a box, cutting out a space in the back of the tank and welding it in so that the battery would be fixed to the top of the frame and the tank would then sit over it, I thought it was a good idea but was then worried it might be a bit too unsafe? Maybe the battery would cook and blow the tank up or just get too hot or spark off something randomly lol, I’d line the box with heat and fire resistant material and then enclosure the battery terminal area with delrin or rubber. 

Just wanted to ask if anyone’s done similar or if you think it’s a bit stupid?

i know I’d loose petrol capacity but I don’t mind about that

cheers4A2AEBE5-50EE-4FCB-A927-3F75EAF60EAA.thumb.jpeg.ac74f50c4cfe89bb08fa482887bc5419.jpeg

Lol nice mark, I’ll be welding it myself I did another mod on the front of it at Christmas time and luckily it turned out not to bad so thought I’d give this a try too, the tig machine is definitely the best tool I’ve bought, can do whatever really when your building a bike :-)