130/80/17 Tyre On My Gsx1100

nickyboy.4

Early cast wheels are all tubed. I think one of the first tubeless was first gsxr. Not 100%sure on that but do know GS and GSX are tubed. We once ran a 130/70 on a gs1100 shaft but that didn't go well as the tube shredded causing major blow out. Not sure if it was the miss match of tyre or a faulty tube. They were on for only a few miles. Changed the tyre for a correct size one to be on the safe side as it was my wife's bike. 

On 2/16/2019 at 4:37 PM, Fazz711 said:

Early cast wheels are all tubed. I think one of the first tubeless was first gsxr. Not 100%sure on that but do know GS and GSX are tubed. We once ran a 130/70 on a gs1100 shaft but that didn't go well as the tube shredded causing major blow out. Not sure if it was the miss match of tyre or a faulty tube. They were on for only a few miles. Changed the tyre for a correct size one to be on the safe side as it was my wife's bike. 

My 85 1150 (GSX 1100EFE) has tubeless. The rims have  the word "tubeless" cast into them. my old 83 used tubes. The tubeless wheels will have a larger hole for a bolt in or squeeze in type of valve stem. 

• Like 1