Alright fella’s

Gonna fit a lightened flywheel to my trusty old TL.....can’t remember weight but it’s just the flywheel...carrier stock ...

was woundering if anyone else tried this...any pro’s/cons...engine stock...larger airbox and intake horns..m4..pc11..kicking out a healthy 133bhp@rw

Surprised she’s classed as OS now

thank you very much

C60A6847-DA52-4C30-BAD1-76E8E95D9EF6.jpeg

• Like 2

Cheers Eddie much appreciated.....would love to say yes but sadly not...the guy built her in 2002..based on the yoshimura TL...some great period bolt on mods and some bespoke stuff....been wanting to paint her blue/white or sheene rep colours for ages and now got a katana project that I want to build and put on the track so maybe not this year.....go on do it ...long time dead..:tu

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TLRS said:

Some nice kit on that bike for sure! Chain adjusters look quite trick!

Cheers TLRS........she’s had a spondon  quick release  rear wheel conversion welded to stock swing arm ...hopefully be fitting lightened flywheel over the weekend...also refreshing forks (tls) and the ap racing 6 pots ....got a blown header exhaust gasket to replace....hope to get a track day next month...I let you know if it makes any difference....:tu

• Like 1

Blowing header was a nice easy fix.....But when cleaning the ap 6 pots I noticed the left hand Caliper roll pins had both moved,these roll pins prevent the pads from falling out (you have 2 pins per pad per caliper)...looks like I had a lucky escape !!!.....

8AF92EEF-C9E1-409F-A7F4-1C542A89D178.jpeg

40BE0298-3F0F-420A-AF55-83F9490E4AD3.jpeg

1C7B420F-DD08-49E3-A18E-896A234A75D1.jpeg

6124E58D-F90C-4EBE-9CC5-338EE2421B7E.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Matt-Man said:

Nice TLR... what pipes you running?

Cheers buh.....she has a full m4 system but the rear cans got damaged so I fitted some made by quill...had to repack them and fit some baffles as track day noise tests are strict.....she shouts out 100db fitted and 105db without so happy days a Cadwell...:tu

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, Savav2v1 said:

Alright fella’s

Gonna fit a lightened flywheel to my trusty old TL.....can’t remember weight but it’s just the flywheel...carrier stock ...

was woundering if anyone else tried this...any pro’s/cons...engine stock...larger airbox and intake horns..m4..pc11..kicking out a healthy 133bhp@rw

Surprised she’s classed as OS now

thank you very much

C60A6847-DA52-4C30-BAD1-76E8E95D9EF6.jpeg

Who did the flywheel for you?
I've got one in my R that was done by Miro, it helps the motor spin up a little quicker, but at the cost of an engine that's very easy to stall !!!! 

Edited by Matt-Man
mistake