oil hose fittings....

69chris

possibly opening myself to ridicule here (sadly a common occurrence!!) but .....................

is there any reason, other than perhaps aesthetics, that the oil lines to the cooler cant be secured using barbed/slip over type  fittings and jubilee clips ??

over the years have fitted loads of aftermarket oil coolers to cars using the above method with no problems, 

or am i (as usual) missing something ????

:)

55 minutes ago, CockneyRick said:

Other than it looking tacky & "car related" the Oil presure isn't great enough to blow them off.

But why take the risk, to save money & actually look cheap :P

tbh it was more of a convenience thing as, frankly the whole AN size's thing confuses the fudge outta me :$

recently won a complete used cooler/hoses/fitting on Eblag, then the sellers p/pal account was suspended so couldnt pay, asked for bank details to send payment and got sent wrong numbers.....now the chap wont answer messages....... awesome lol  !!

so, got a brand new Setrab 19row cooler......didnt realise that needs metric fittings so  looks like i'll be needing adaptors (which leads me back to the confusing AN stuff !!)  hence the question as a couple of barbs at the cooler end would solve the problem

cheap looking is ok.........dont need lipstick on a pig :tu

• Like 2

May help, AN3 size is brake line size, most oil coolers will be AN8 or going big AN10.

I've always used AN8 size (think it's about 8mm IB) but someone will be along to correct me on that xD

Usually when you order your oil cooler it will say if it's for a AN6/AN8/AN10 

The bigger the number the bigger the bore, hope this helps

Yes you can use a jubilee clips, as long as you get the push on fittings, as standard oil lines are crimped on from the steel hose to the flex hose.

I've used jubilee clips on a gs550/gsx750f hybrid rat bike before now and used it daily for about 3 years with now problems.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wraith said:

May help, AN3 size is brake line size, most oil coolers will be AN8 or going big AN10.

I've always used AN8 size (think it's about 8mm IB) but someone will be along to correct me on that xD

Usually when you order your oil cooler it will say if it's for a AN6/AN8/AN10 

The bigger the number the bigger the bore, hope this helps

Yes you can use a jubilee clips, as long as you get the push on fittings, as standard oil lines are crimped on from the steel hose to the flex hose.

I've used jubilee clips on a gs550/gsx750f hybrid rat bike before now and used it daily for about 3 years with now problems.

cheers chap, 

i know proper fittings look nicer/work better etc etc but unless i can find a complete used set up (still off work with no sick pay so pennies are too tight for a new kit :$)  ill resort to some jubilee clip hackery until i can afford the proper kit  (y)

I don't know if they still do but Goodrich's used to do a fitting that looked like the normal end type fitting but actually had a Jubilee clip inside. Spray the fitting that converts the cooler from thread to "push on" blue and you can look posh on the cheap ( not that I've ever done this in the past your honour ).

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

I don't know if they still do but Goodrich's used to do a fitting that looked like the normal end type fitting but actually had a Jubilee clip inside. Spray the fitting that converts the cooler from thread to "push on" blue and you can look posh on the cheap ( not that I've ever done this in the past your honour ).

thats my kinda cheap  :tu

On 2/12/2019 at 6:35 PM, wraith said:

How's this for cheep, on evilbay

Oil cooler item numbers 151603544665

AN8 connects 183339342319 (also have a look in his shop)

Adapters 222266092960 for sump to oil line.

:LOL:

which is fine looking at shiny until you see this

https://www.Eblag.co.uk/itm/4-22-Tooth-Grinder-Disc-and-Chain-For-100-115-Angle-Grinder-Cut-Wood-Carving-UK/183535127503?hash=item2abb8bcbcf:g:WL4AAOSwBBRcZmAx

I want one badly.

:banana:

• Like 1