A good opportunity for a fork?

Svsam

As long as the forks are the same length (axle centre to fork cap), or longer -  modern sports bike forks/brakes  are  a great move.  The fork centres may be different(more modern bikes don't have wheel driven speedo drive), so you might need to change the yokes, or swap stems.

The 750L/M forks are pretty decent when serviced and the Nissin calipers are pretty decent too with decent pads (as long as the pistons are free moving) - for not very much money the std front end can work very nicely - thought I'd add this, it depends on your pockets and what you want of your bike - you'll need a good shock to work well with a good front to get the best out of it, front and rear have to work well together if you want good handling.

Edited by Oilyspanner
750L forks can work well too

Cheers Oilyspanner. 

Ive been to size them up this evening. The tubes are exactly the same as mine 50-54 so would fit in my yokes. 

Seemed 5mm shorter by my measurements, they are still on a blade though. 

Only worry I have about putting them into my yokes is that the tubes are about 3mm closer together than mine. Enough to bind the callipers and/or unsettle the axle? I’m not sure. 

Ive made him an off and left it with him. If I get them I’ll keep this thread updated on the fitting. 

If your yokes are 50/54, and the R1 fork legs fit your yokes ... how can the legs be 3 mill closer together than your old legs, which are the same diameter?  Unless they flare out below the bottom yoke? The stanchion centreline is unchanged between R1/750L/M legs, (fitted to your L/M yokes), so nipping up the front wheel surely won't apply? It'd be far easier to swap R1/LM stems, and fit the complete R1 front end! 

Edited by Swiss Toni

Whilst the fork tubes are in the R1 yokes they are 3mm closer together than the gsxr forks sit in the gsxr yoke. So may need a tiny bit of work at the wheel to get the forks to sit in the gsxr yokes. Though i am considering trying the R1 yokes in the slingy frame.

29 minutes ago, Svsam said:

Whilst the fork tubes are in the R1 yokes they are 3mm closer together than the gsxr forks sit in the gsxr yoke. So may need a tiny bit of work at the wheel to get the forks to sit in the gsxr yokes. 

Ahhh ...  now I see what you're on about! As I said before, use the whole Yam front end.