Slabby modern shock

MooreMatthew

49 minutes ago, MooreMatthew said:

Looked up and found that the 1100 had a eye to eye length of 315mm 

Seen a shock that is 310mm will this lower the seat height by much 

Also what others using shock wise 

Thanks

About 10mm. 

pre 2006 r6 shock works really well. spring rate is spot on and raises the rear a little. 2005-2008  r1 shock works too but a little longer again.

Depends what you are using it for?

front end shorter, rear lower and on 17" wheels it will sit a lot lower. Run the risk of decking out on track. 

I run mine on an Eblag r6 shock and shorter front end. it works and handles brilliantly on track. looking at newer shocks makes sense, but I'd look to go longer or fit an 1100 slabbie link to raise the rear a bit.

I run the early R1 shock (2004) on my slabside, which I did at the same time as changing to 17" wheels , this jacks the back up when used with a spacer to miss the battery which makes the ride height about the same , this negates having to play with the side stand.  does require milling down the bottom to fit into the suspension banana .  Ride height looks fairly normal after although I think the back was about 30mm higher , but this was offset by the 17" wheel being smaller.  The R1 shock is a cheap fix and works. I mounted it with the reservoir facing the engine  I was worried that it might overheat , but never been a problem so I never fitted a heat shield which was my intention at the start.

if doing this mod , I would highly recommend fitting the YSS PD valves to the forks makes a world of difference as well.

pics attached

20160703_090256.jpg

DSC07600.JPG

DSC07602.JPG

DSC07598.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, robbo_64 said:

Just a question, what happens if you hit a severe bump, isn't that bracket going to want to pivot around that top bolt, or is it butted up against the frame cross-member so it can't move? 

Don't look like it, i'm guessing the tightness is currently stopping that happening.

Personally i wouldn't like that idea.