GSXR 750 WR motor swap|?????

Im finishing the build of my  gsxr 750 wr streeetfighter, and am after a definitive answer to what oil cooled 1100 motor will fit into 750 wr frame?

I was led to believe the 1100 M motor (but can't find one) would fit but would like to know for definite before I start looking for a  1100 motor. (don't want to buy a motor that won't fit) Has anybody actually done an engine swap in the water-cooled frame?  (don't particularly want the water-cooled 1100 motor, would much prefer an oiled cooled lump)

Also if somebody has done this swap what other parts will be needed (carbs form the 1100? ect, ect)

Any ideas would be appreciated 

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 8:17 PM, skunkrider2 said:

Im finishing the build of my  gsxr 750 wr streeetfighter, and am after a definitive answer to what oil cooled 1100 motor will fit into 750 wr frame?

I was led to believe the 1100 M motor (but can't find one) would fit but would like to know for definite before I start looking for a  1100 motor. (don't want to buy a motor that won't fit) Has anybody actually done an engine swap in the water-cooled frame?  (don't particularly want the water-cooled 1100 motor, would much prefer an oiled cooled lump)

Also if somebody has done this swap what other parts will be needed (carbs form the 1100? ect, ect)

Any ideas would be appreciated 

oil cooled in water cooled dont go unless you can do a bit of fab work (if you can then its not overly hard but you will need to remake all the engine mounts ect and there a few other small issues to solve) 

7-11 (40).jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hello shunkrider2. i have an older frame than you so not to much of an issue but i swap out the 750 for an rf 900 with the 750 head on as it's only a  few mm taller but carbs were already close to the frame. I know you want an oiler but your frame has the extra frame  to cylinder head mount so they may be an issue with an 1100 oiler. But as the link captain  has shown it is doable. Just a bit of work. But if you can't find an 1100 boiler the rf900 engine seem very cheap!(y)

Edited by Madb
more stuff