Slabbie frame bracing

Billythekidd

45 minutes ago, Billythekidd said:

Want some advice on what alloy to use for bracing up my 750 frame and what feedback anyone has on how different their bike feels with what bracing they've done?

Why do you feel the need to brace it?

I asked the same question before about bracing mine. got no definitive answer.  

I decided not to bother as it only adds weight. once I sorted the forks and shimed the engine mounts properly. It now handles really nicely even on slicks.

I am still curious to know what difference it makes.

Edited by dupersunc

I call it the Turbo Scratcher handles like a dream makes 260hp. Head stock is braced, big cross brace on frame under the back of the tank & braced on the inside of the frame around the swinging arm pivot also has subframe raised by 50mm, frame mods were done by NWS back in the day. Think it was a endurance race frame in a former life. This bike holds its own with any modern super bike, it's just me that's getting a bit old lol.

20190104_175053.jpg

NWS_frame_back_from_coaters_030.JPG.59c9451687cb74c6229d51c1d42d538e.JPG.jpg

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Billythekidd said:

Only that I'm putting a 1052 motor in and wanted a bit of extra rigidity to cope with any extra power, to be honest Dunc, I've always found the handling pretty spot on but wasn't sure if the motor ends up tuned etc the frame might struggle to cope with the extra grunt.

Mine has an 1127 with cams a flatslides. Hard on the gas in 2nd and 3rd it squirms about a bit, but that's the swingarm flexing, traction is brilliant though.

That said i got hit up the arse by an R1 on track last month and something on the frame or swingarm has broken.

I haven't had a chance to strip the bike to find out what has failed. I'll report back when I do.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Mine has an 1127 with cams a flatslides. Hard on the gas in 2nd and 3rd it squirms about a bit, but that's the swingarm flexing, traction is brilliant though.

That said i got hit up the arse by an R1 on track last month and something on the frame or swingarm has broken.

I haven't had a chance to strip the bike to find out what has failed. I'll report back when I do.

Be interested to see what's gone

12 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Me too. I'm looking at maybe replacing the 750 frame with an 1100, they're a bit beefier in the right places, but more importantly shorter from headstock to pivot.

Yeah I've got an 1100 J but it's on the road and my only road bike at the moment so I'm reluctant to borrow the frame, the 11 frames are commanding more and more money that's the problem.

I did the whole yoshi bracing on my 750 including the swingarm brace, cant tell how the frame performed before cause i started racing after the bracing. I only can say that the bike is performing really good.

You can find some pictures in my topic.

Quist Racing sells the kit’s to perform this bracing wich is based on the kit i made and used on my bike.

1 hour ago, Leblowski said:

I did the whole yoshi bracing on my 750 including the swingarm brace, cant tell how the frame performed before cause i started racing after the bracing. I only can say that the bike is performing really good.

You can find some pictures in my topic.

Quist Racing sells the kit’s to perform this bracing wich is based on the kit i made and used on my bike.

I be seen the bracing on yours it's pretty comprehensive, I messaged Quist on here and from his website email but no reply