slingy fuel tap options....

69chris

hey guys,

iv done a search but still coming up empty....perhaps what im after doesn't exsist !!

im looking for a fuel tap for my project (1100k) , non vac and ideally having reserve as iv got a stupid dash so have lost the fuel light

have looked at all the mentioned yamaha taps but non seem to have the reserve,  does anyone know if there is indeed a tap that has/is......

low profile (at least no bigger than stock tap),  has off/on/res, is non vac operated with preferably only one outlet

dont mind if i need to modify the tank to fit it as iv got to weld in a return fitting anyway

is there such a tap ??

cheers  :)

I asked a similar question the other week in general chat.

I got this reply of @Bow

"If your looking for a cheap alternative, take a look at the FZ/ FZR/ YZF Yam taps.

plain and simple on/off, high flow rate, 8mm bore, and same mounting centres,  and not as tall as Suzuki’s vacuum tap.

some of us racers have been keeping it a secret for years ,  pmsl…"

Not checked it out yet myself..

On 1/28/2019 at 1:03 PM, SiBag said:

I got this reply of @Bow

"If your looking for a cheap alternative, take a look at the FZ/ FZR/ YZF Yam taps.

plain and simple on/off, high flow rate, 8mm bore, and same mounting centres,  and not as tall as Suzuki’s vacuum tap.

Love this idea, anyone know specifics, twin or single outlet? Could you just T off from a single? Cheers,

On 1/28/2019 at 1:03 PM, SiBag said:

I got this reply of @Bow

cheers bud, i looked into that option as a 'bolt on' option but the yam bolt spacing is only 34mm(iirc) so ok for bandit's and slabbys (again, iirc) but no use for 44mm  slingshot spacing, 

would need a spacer/adaptor making thus increasing height or welding a new mount into tank to suit,

have modified my original tap to non vac now so still have off/on/res......................fingers crossed my hackery holds up lol !!!!